Tuesday 19 October 2010

Sketch model

After 2 days spent adjusting plans, cutting out little bits of MDF and chemi-wood and playing about with plasticine I am left with a rough looking sketch model of the area in 1:1000 scale.


Some of the many



Overview

Detail
 The sketch model has helped me to start working out the rough elevations for all the surrounding buildings and also how large the Kunsthaus Graz will look when in amongst its surroundings. What immediately impressed me was the striking contrast between the form of the new building in amongst its older neighbours and how this is communicated in the sketch model. I also like the contrast between the colours and materials and this is a theme I think I will explore further with more samples and experiments (established, more traditional materials vs. cutting edge, twenty-first-century materials)

I think I will also experiment with the base a bit further after consulting the client as a rectangular base does not seem to fit-in with the subject building. The final scale for the model at the moment sits at 1:500.

No comments:

Post a Comment