Monday 8 November 2010

2 steps forward, 1 back

Today I carried on building the surrounding buildings from wood that I had stuck together last week (in layers of 4)

The building I was trying to create had a more complex shape than before so proved a little more difficult.

After a failed first attempt, I simplified the entire thing to make it easier and, more importantly, quicker to build. After this lesson, I am going to simplify the rest of the buildings so that any connected buildings use the same thickness of wood. This speeds up the building process and also makes the finished result have less errors.




The Kunthaus model is already starting to reflect its surroundings!

Today was a lot about trial and error so I am hoping, with the simplified building technique I utilized today, I should be able to churn these out quicker over the next couple of days. I want to give myself until next week to completely finish the contextual buildings. Whilst I am doing that, I am also trying to draw up the side elevations for Kunthaus Graz so I can laser cut these out in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment