Monday 22 November 2010

2 weeks left

A week later, I have just about finished the contextual buildings. There are a couple of bits still to do but they are 95% finito.

Today was spent trying to figure out what to do with the baseboard.

I have decided to go with a natural wood finish leaving the colour of the model in the Kunsthaus Graz, the river and the green trees which will all be finished in variations of blue and green.

I managed to get on the CNC mill to mill out the roads that are around the Kunsthaus.


The Beast.

On its first run, it milled off 0.4mm and another 0.1mm the second time. This leaves a nice smooth finish.



The last two shots show the surrounding buildings and the roughed out blob of the Kunsthaus in situ.

One thing that is immediately noticeable is the knot that was popped out of the plywood when the mill ran across it. I do not know whether to keep it or to start again with another chunk of ply. It is quite distracting.

Work continues on the skylights of the Kunsthaus and I hope to have it polished and nice by the end of the week. I am scrapping the moulding/casting plan for the moment as time is starting to run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment