Monday 1 November 2010

More base please

I spent today making a sketch model of my idea I had last week. It involves turning the base shape into a 'stamp' which is slightly raised above the surface of the model and buildings outside its boundary remain in their natural, pine coloured finish. Anything that falls within is finished in colour with the Kunsthaus Graz being the only thing on the model that is created using modern technology (like the laser cutter) and finished in modern materials (resin, acrylic)



 I like this idea because not only does it make the model a bit more interesting, it allows me to include more contextual buildings and should hopefully make the Kunsthaus Graz pop out from the surroundings a little more.


Of course a downside is that the base will be a more regular shape although I might round the corners off a little.

Any buildings that fall on the boundary line will either be completely painted, left natural or only half painted up to where the boundary line cuts through. The raised stamp will also effect the surrounding buildings. I think these will be chopped in half so that one half will be raised and the other lowered. This will emphasise the boundary of the stamp so that it does not become obscured even when under a large amount of contextual buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment